Sunday 4 November 2007

The web minefield

Its probably obvious that I am a new blogger this is my first.
The reason I'm here is to take refuge from the minefield of web information.
I Know I'll be criticised for blowing my own trumpet or for having this type of trumpet but after launching my website(URL at the end of page) designed and made by experts who then tell you to get it into AdWords, Stumble Upon, Utube amongst others and to teach myself how to promote and maintain the site.
I know their right as the advice they gave me was simple "no one will look after your interests like you will yourself" and " If you don't learn how things work you will not understand your own business" and "if you don't understand your own business you will not have a business for long".
Somehow during all the madness of AdWords, AdSense, analytics to name but a few I ended up here, Google Blogspot, it's like night follows day when you go through google's minefield one thing leads to another so here I am, crying on your shoulder,well not crying as such, just blogging I suppose.
Hooray I'm a blogger.
Does anyone have any advise for simple formula for promoting a website. Staying on track and not being led all over the place and ending up blogging. Blogging: It's not so bad actualy it has refreshed me and reminded of what I was trying to do, This bloggong might catch on.
Mike
PS www.santasvideocalls.com what do you think?

No comments: